About the Friends
Friends of the West Branch Public Library is a nonprofit group that supports the library. Our volunteer members advocate, educate, and raise funds on behalf of the library, its patrons, and the community.
The Friends of the West Branch Public Library is dedicated to the enhancement of library services, resources, programs, and facilities.
The Friends of the WBPL support the in many different ways.
Friends’ projects include:
- Providing funding for the Summer Library Programs. This includes the purchase of prizes, providing money for program hosts, and even paying for summer reading computer software. Without the Friends, our popular summer programs wouldn’t happen!
- Running the library’s coffee service. The Friends purchased the library Keurig in early 2014 and keep the coffee and hot cocoa flowing. Kids are regular patrons of the coffee cart after school.
- Hosting the Library Booksales. The Friends regularly host a huge book sale inside the library! Big book sales happen once or twice a year depending on the amount of donations.
- Buying materials for the library. The Friends frequently buy books and movies for the library! Look for Friends’ donation stickers on books, movies, magazines, and more.
- Volunteering at library events. Besides providing funding for library events, the Friends also provide much needed manpower! From serving snow cones to handling registration, the Friends are there to help!
The Friends of the WBPL Board meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm, generally in the library’s Community Room. There won’t be a meeting every month, so if you’re looking for information about Friends meetings, please visit the library’s event calendar.
If you have any questions regarding the Friends of the West Branch Public Library, please feel free to ask at the library or complete the contact/question form below.