The Summer Library Program at WBPL is a fun program designed to engage all age groups in exploring new ideas, books, and activities. As you read books and engage in the activities, you will collect badges and earn points to turn in at the end of the program for PRIZES! You might even get some special instant rewards along the way! The best way to track your progress is through the Beanstack website. Beginning June 1, 2020, you can start recording your reading time and participate in the activities, located in Beanstack. If you are unable to participate online, please contact the library for alternative options.
How do I Start?
To get the most out of your summer reading experience, we recommend that you create a Beanstack account. Parents can also create accounts for their children. In Beanstack, you can view the available activities, enter the books you have read, write book reviews, and more. When you log your reading and activities, you will collect points to turn in for prizes. To register, visit the Beanstack website or login through the app.
Beanstack will automatically direct you to the appropriate activities based on your age. There are three age groups: kids, teens, and adults. If you wish to be contacted about prizes and drawings, please include an email address or telephone number as part of your Beanstack profile.
We strongly suggest using the Beanstack mobile site (not the app), as the interface is exactly like the online version! Just go to wbpl.beanstack.org on your phone or tablet’s browser. Click here for a quick “getting started with Beanstack” tutorial! Or you can view a pdf with step-by-step instructions.
Grab & Go Bags
During the months of June and July, to-go activity bags for all ages will be available in the library’s entry. We will have a variety of crafts and fun things to do, and of course, they are FREE!
Looking for help with crafts? Important links can be found here!
Prize Pickup Instructions
- Prizes earned in June can be picked up from July 1-7; prizes for July may be picked up August 1-7, along with Grand Prize Drawings.
- Where: prizes will be located in the library hallway by age group. Look for the bag with your name on it! They will be in the bins in alphabetical order.
- When: the hallway is open weekdays (excluding July 3rd, which is a library holiday) from 10am-8pm.
- No appointment needed! If Beanstack says you earned a reward, it will be in the hallway.
- Please do contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to schedule an alternate time for prize pickup (or delivery).