The WBPL began a community calendar in 2022 to help provide event information as well as connect community groups/businesses and interested community members. Through 2022-2024, the library will be working to improve connection between local groups/businesses and our community members as a part of the 2021 Strategic Plan.
The calendar is online at westbranchiowa.events.
- Free for any community group or business to join
- Learn how to join below
- Easy Sorting and Searching by:
- Age Group (events are listed with colors based on target age group)
- Organizing group or business
- Keyword / Text search
- Types of events
- Provides Ticketing, Billing, and Registration*
- Direct Links to events with sharing directly to social media platforms.
- Visit https://getlocalhop.com/post-promote/
- Complete the form at the bottom of the page and mention in the comments your wish to be included in the community calendar operated by the West Branch Public Library
- LocalHop will provide you with login information within 48 business hours.
- Begin creating events in your calendar.
The library will look to provide additional promotion and community connection by
- Community Newsletter
- Upcoming welcome packets for residents and businesses
- Online promotions
- Local Community Information Website (coming soon/in-progress).
* Registration for free events has no cost to participants or organizers. Paid registrations/ticket fees are 2.5% + .79¢ / per paid ticket. Credit card fees are 3.4% + .30¢ / per transaction. Back-end accounting is conducted by Stripe